Very Veggie, Very Good!!
Submitted by Rosemary Russo
- 1 Bag Fiber-Gourmet Pasta
- 3-4 Medium-sized Zucchini, washed and dried
- 1 Package Sliced Mushrooms, 8 oz.
- 1 Bag Broccoli florets
- 1 Bulb of Garlic, peeled and sliced (about 12 cloves), divided
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Parmesan Cheese
- Slice the zucchini into 1/2� slices and lay on a paper towel to dry. Set aside
- In a large frying pan that is heated on medium-high heat, place the mushrooms and saut� until they are dry (a good amount of liquid will come from the mushrooms and this can be discarded or you can saut� until the liquid evaporates).
- Once they are dry, pour about 2-3 tbs. Olive oil into the pan and add about 2 tbs. of the garlic. Continue with the saut�ing, stirring frequently, until the garlic is a light tan color, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mushrooms into a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, pour about 3-4 tbs. olive oil and when heated, place the zucchini slices in the oil, one layer thick. If you have more zucchini than your pan can accommodate, you may have to do this several times until all the zucchini is cooked, and you may need to add a little more olive oil.
- Allow the zucchini to cook in the oil, undisturbed for about 5-7 minutes, allowing the underside of the zucchini to get brown. It may take longer than 5-7 minutes, but be patient, it is well worth it!!
- When they are dark brown, carefully turn the zucchini over and repeat the process. As the zucchini gets brown it becomes quite sweet.
- As the zucchini cooks, add some salt as desired and when cooked, place them in the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Put the water up to boil for the pasta.
- When all the zucchini is cooked, put the remaining garlic in the oil and fry it until it is a golden color, about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or it will become bitter.
- When it is cooked, put the garlic and remaining oil from the pan in the bowl with the zucchini and mushrooms and carefully toss to blend the flavors.
- Two to three minutes before the pasta is completely cooked, pour the bag of broccoli florets into the water and continue to cook for two minutes (if the broccoli florets are large, they may need to cook for about 5 minutes).
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and toss it with the zucchini and mushrooms. Salt and Pepper to taste. Serve with lots of grated Parmesan Cheese on top.