Guilt Free Fettuccine Quick Sorta Soup
Winner of the First Annual FiberGourmet Recipe Contest!. Submitted by Carmine Pellosie Jr.
I love meals that are tasty and filling and guilt free, and can be made in under 1/2 hour, when you come home from a hectic day of work. So try this recipe, do not be affraid to change any ingredient you don't favor, or add anything you would like. Almost anything you put in the pot goes well with this hearty souplike meal.
This recipe will serve 4 but just add more to serve more or cut it to make less. I like to make the whole package of FiberGourmet Fettuccine even if it is for me alone, because it saves well and can be heated for lunch or another meal anytime.
- 1 package of your favorite FiberGourmet Light Pasta (I like Tomato)
- 5 boullion cubes (chicken, or beef or shrimp or fish)
- Optional: 1 cup chicken, or beef or shrimp or fish (I will use approx a cup of any of the listed, either fresh or even leftover cooked. I even used a can of tunafish and it also came out really good, but I added it after the fettuccine was added). I cut all the ingredients into small slivers or cubes so it cooks in the boiling water.
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 rib celery
- 1 tomato
- Random spices
- Whatever else you find in the fridge
- Heat water to boil a package of your favorite FiberGourmet Fettuccine (I like the tomato) and cook as per directions on package, rinse and set aside. This will not be for long as you are bringing two pots to boil at the same time.
- In a large soup pan bring 6 cups of water to a boil. As you wait for it to boil, add to the water the 5 obullion cubes. You can make it chicken or beef or even fish, which ever cubes you prefer.
- Optionally add chicken, or beef or shrimp or fish.
- Chop and add a small onion, if you like onion, and add to water.
- Chop and add clove of garlic, if you like and add to water.
- Chop and add rib of cellery.
- Chop and add a tomato or more if you like.
As you see, I add what ever I find in the fridge. Very little salt is added because the bullion cubes have a lot but I add both black pepper and white pepper, you do what you like, Taste the broth, if it doesn't have the kick you want, then start adding powdered onion, garlic, dryed, dill, oregano, parsley, cilantro, or any other flavor you would like, Don't be affraid to overseason, the Fiber Gourmet Fettuccine will compliment it. When you have a good taste, Mix in all the cooked fettuccine with the broth, and heat to serving temperature, Stir and serve.
Quick, Easy, No Guilt, No fat. What more could you ask for?