The traditional sweet and salty Jewish dish, straight from the streets of old Jerusalem!
- 7 cups boiling water
- 1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup margarin
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper (for the more authentic Yerushalmi taste, double the pepper)
- 18 oz FiberGourmet Light Pasta (Classic)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Put sugar into the bottom of a large pot, and heat it at low/medium for 5 minutes or until melted. Be careful not to burn it!
- In a separate pot, boil the water.
- When water boils, slowly pour it into the pot containing the sugar.
- Bring to a boil again.
- Add salt, pepper, and margarine.
- When the margarine is melted, add the noodles and let it cook for 8-10 minutes. Add water, if necessary.
- Let cool for 30-45 minutes.
- After cool, add beaten eggs.
- Bake in 9x13 pan at 350F for 45 minutes. Serve hot.