People start getting crazy about food this time of year. The holidays can be stressful and lead to unwanted weight gain. If you’re going to battle the bulge – fad diets are NOT the way to go.
Here’s a quick rundown of 5 Reasons to Forego Fad Diets that I put together for TOPS: Taking Pounds Off Sensibly:
- Water Weight is Not Fat Loss – most fad diets promote water weight that is easily gained back
- Carbs are Still King – the majority of your calories should come from carbohydrate, but the good kind of carbs
- Slow and Steady Wins the Race – a weight loss rate of 1-2 pounds per week is ideal
- Your Diet Shouldn’t Deprive You – a sustainable meal plan is one that leaves you feeling satiated
- The Scale Isn’t All That Matters – other metrics like waist circumference and your mood make sense to calculate too!